Thursday, February 25, 2016

(The Original) Anna Thai Basil

Don't forget "The Original" bit...
 I ordered the Spicy Fried Rice from the Chef Anna's Specials (with beef)

Where:  Downtown Portland, OR
Rating:  Well, what to say ... Perfectly Acceptable
Back for Secondses:  I'd try something else here, or request extra veggies and have pork, tofu or prawns, if that is your preferred protein and you must have this dish.  It's not bad at all, just needs some perking up!  
What was good:  The smoky spicy rice flavour of this dish was very good.  And I loved the chopped up green beans, spring onions and thai basil.  Also, it's so nice when a squeeze of lime is included.  The beef was tough, chewy and not tasty at all.  I prefer cubes of meat to the flat shaved looking stuff.  
Suggestion:  If you really want this dish, ask for hot, I ordered medium and well, it was American medium which is mild for me.  ALSO, ask for more veggies.  It had onion, green beans, hints of red bell pepper and that was it.  I'd love more veggies added, as the flavour was pretty good.    
Overall:  I have had Pad Kee Mao here, and it was much nicer and more what I expected.  The noodle dish also had the flat chicken - ugh, now that I think about it maybe tofu would be the best option here, or prawns.  You can't get flattened tough prawns, right?  I hope not...
Also, rather a long wait here today.  It was a busy food cart, which is a good sign, maybe it was a bad day to go today.  The owner did apologise for the wait and was super nice about it.  I suspect the kitchen was a bit overwhelmed.
Thai_basil

No comments:

Post a Comment